Re: TI-H: EII and EIII compatibility

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Richard Piotter wrote:
> I'm personaly sick of someone making something and then going on to
> another thing, leaving a handfull of people with something obsolete, or
> everybody with nothing.

I have to agree. I first found out about the hardware hacks for the TIs right
as Mel was running out of the chips for the ESF. I searched out for someone
who might still have a chip and could make one for me, but no one did, and the
drivers were lackluster anyway. Then I heard of his Expander II project, and
started waiting. Then I heard about the EuP. It didn't sounds as good as the
EII, but it would be something, and people were writing drivers... and then
nothing. Now back to the new hybrid Mel/Bryan EII. Except I haven't heard how
long it's going to take; instead I hear about new news about how the EIII and
EIV are going to be so much better, and incompatible. Which makes half of me
want to wait and get one of those, not an EII. I'm not trying to put anyone
down, but... Are we ever going to have anything, or just dreams for the
future?

I really do appreciate Grant and all the work he's doing. The projects sound
great. Sorry if this sounds like a flame.

-Justin

PS - Rich, I like your EII MMOD on the EIII idea. I dunno about going as far
out as some of those ideas, but that one, yes. :)

Justin Pope              |  Frontier-II Director  |        //  Long live
jupo@ou.edu              | Amiga, TI-81/85, MUSE/ |     _ //      -=-
www.galstar.com/~jupo    |  MUSH/MUX Programming  |     \x/    the AMIGA