TI-H: Memory expansion

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Memory expansion

Last I checked (a week ago) there were still about 2000 each of the
NM29A040 and NM29A080 chips available for purchase. These are the 512kB
and 1MB chips which were used at the core of the Expander SF by Mel Tsai.

If I wrote an enhanced TI-85 driver for the ESF, got some of these chips,
and built them into expanders, how many people would buy? Cost for a 512kB
ESF would be about $25 to $33, and the 1MB ESF would around $40.

And how many people would pay more for an expander, based on the same
chip, with microcontroller to run an LCD panel and a few buttons in a
small alpha-numeric pager case? This particular model could be controlled
entirely through TI-OS, but I'd make an ASM driver as well.

--
Greg Hill
greg-hill@bigfoot.com