Re: EL panel sources (was: TI-H: Cases READ!)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Pellaeon wrote:
>about these EL panels..  I know someones selling them for $25.

That would be me :)

>Seems to me just a tad bit expensive..

$8.57 for the lamp
$15.00 for the inverter
$1.43 to cover my shipping costs.

It is more expensive than a bulk order would be, but that is the
price of convieniance.
You'll also notice that I notifed people that they could probably
get the inverters cheaper thru a third party (I have heard that you
can get them for $10 from digikey), but most chose to pay for
these.  Go figure :)

If you can get the full kit significantly cheaper, let us know!

>is there any place to buy them in bulk..  the inverters also..  if so..
>I have the funds to buy about 50-100 or so (if there cheap enough)
>and I'll pass them on to you guys for my cost plus shipping and stuff..
>probably be a little cheaper that way..

Sure, there are about 30 places.  As someone here already said,
the demand for EL is pretty big, so there are lots of suppliers.

Go to:

http://www.thomasregister.com

Sign up (its free), then do a search for electrolumincent (be sure to
spell it right :).  Just about all of the places will be happy to quote you
price for a lot of 100 lamps with inverters, including tooling costs.
A few have online catalogs so you can get more details.

One advantage to ordering like this is that you can get any color
you want (from most companies)!
A disadvantage is that you can only get one size (ie TI-85 or 92, but
not both)

DK