Re: TI-H: robotics (was TI-H: RE: cool)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: robotics (was TI-H: RE: cool)

> Uhh, Rich, I don't quite understand. I seriously doubt anybody would
> want
> to write a robot control program in TI-BASIC, and if you're going to use
> assembly your calculator is as tied to a PC as any kind of
> microcontroller.

Um, a microcontroler could run the bot completely, I know that, and where the
heck did you interpret TI-BASIC out of my message? And since when is a calc
tied to a computer if it has ASM??? You send the ASM program to it, and you
key in instructions, probably to be stored into a string. I don't understand
why you think the calc is tied to a computer??? The microcontroller would
simply translate simple series of commands to inttructions (go forward,
backward, turn right and so on) and those would feed into an Nv network and
make the robot walk. You could probably even skip the microcontroler all
together if you make a good Nv, but the microcontroler is better suited to
decoding serial data into line commands (heck, a shift register or that I2C
8-bit interface chip would do as well). The calc would only need to store a
few simple things, since it doesn't need to actualy operate the motors at all.
The Nv does that (or a microcontroler if you want to stay digital). The
microcontroler/shift register type deal remains unchanged. the calc hives you
a way to program easily. Like the light flasher program, you create strings
and it runs the sequence.

--

And I'm sure that's cool, but do you have to use assembly and a little LED or
LCD readout, or do you have all the features that can be added when you have a

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html

Follow-Ups: References: