Re: TI-H: special component

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: special component

I don't know. If it were using 3 MIPS to transfer data (max.. networks
aren't usually running at full speed because you'd get a lot of
collisions) then there would be 2 MIPS left over. That's 40% of the
processor time, so if you could write some real slick code that
efficiently used every slice of processor time, then you might be able to
pull it off. I don't think I could do it, though. I'd probably have to go
for a higher-powered Motorola 68HC series or something. I would guess
that's what is used in those little pocket-print-server things. Then
again, they do very little other than scan the incoming stuff and whenever
something arrives with the correct IP address they pass it through a
buffer to the parallel port.

--
Greg Hill
greg-hill@bigfoot.com