Re: TI-H: General questions with a possibly big im

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: General questions with a possibly big im

>>>Grant, you can't just "use" chips like that in normal designs... It's
>>>far above the average hobbiest, and far above most everyone in this
>>>list, probably including you :).
>>
>>Naw.  I ordered the PPC chip and had it running a fortan interpreter, but i
>>figured that it would be a waste of time to port an mp3 player to it.  I
>>ordered the PPC403GC chip.  Its the most cost effective one I could find.
>>I was talking to someone about the downside of using the 8515 to controll
>>his cofee maker when he asked me if I'd ever used the PPC chip.
>
>Umm, grant :)...
>
>So you bought a PPC403GC chip and then created an entire custom board
>with RAM, ROM, and I/O enough to get it to run a fortran interpreter?
>How did you make the PCB?
>
>Uhhh....

Did you know there are timing problems with directly connecting a hard
drive to a 68030?  Its going to be h*ll trying to get this thing working...
Oh well...

So far, you were right.  AVR fat table and hard drive support has taken up
6 pages.  :)  The 68030 with defrag, write, read, and file controll takes
up 60 pages, but I didn't write it let alone under stand it.  It was
written in forth.

Opps...Its not a good idea to stay up untill midnight and get up at 5:30.
I was too tired and mad at the germans, that I wrote fortan and i meant to
type forth.

Those germans can't understand "I'd like to talk to your sales office".
The guy said, "ayehhh, he isn't in.  Please to call tomorow.  Okay?"  :)

Grant

Follow-Ups: References: