TI-H: Replacing Capacitorr with Crystal?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Replacing Capacitorr with Crystal?

I know TI was sloppy in that they didn't use a crystal, and instead used a capacitor to control the clock speed.  Which is why we can replace C9 (or whatever it is for that calc) with a different value to get faster/slower speeds.  The biggest problem with Clock programs, like the one I saw on my friend's HP48G, is that clock speed isn't constant, it varies with battery level.

My question is how difficult would it be to create an add-on unit that goes in the former C9 connection that would use a crystal instead of the cap?  It would allow for more accurate transmissions (possibly) and it would allow clock programs.  Might even open up the door to more sound development.