Re: TI-H: NEW expander design

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: NEW expander design

I have made a VERY prototypical gif of the interface.  It uses only cheap TTL
logic chips so far.  I might need to throw in some voltage regulators and some
resistors, but I do have access to a some prototyping boards, so i will try
out some stuff over the next week.  The hard part is of course the driver.
you can get the gif at <a href="http://b62838.cwru.edu/~moshe/TI2PSXmem.gif>
http://b62838.cwru.edu/~moshe/TI2PSXmem.gif</a>  if it doesnt uudecode from
this email
the gif has a pointer to the file about the interface format.

This design will be Very easy to build for those of us who are klutzes (me).
It will also be very extensible, just throw in another PSX card or get one of
those big multi-page jobs.  I was also thinking that since I have the PSX
memory storage format too, you could make the two compatible (ie you could
have the name TI memory and a little calc icon on the playstation memory menu.
you could also hack your playstation game saves :-)

I also suppose that I want to take a more active role in this memory thing.
Who are the people who are writing the drivers of the uP?  I would like to
contact them and maybe help them out or try to port their code to work with my
expander.

TI2PSXmem.gif

GIF image