Re: TI-H: pressure sensor

[Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: pressure sensor

I don't know that particular chip at all, but it sounds like the voltage
output on pin 3 is a function of the pressure applied to the case. The TI
uses TTL logic (either 0 or 1, nothing in between), so the pressure sensor
would not work if connected directly to the link port. An A/D
(analog-to-digital) converter would be needed. They basically measure the
voltage of an analog signal at a predetermined sampling rate and record
that voltage as a digital number. So then you'd probably need a
microcontroller to sample that information at some interval (like .5 s or
so) and pass it through the link port to some asm program which would
provide user interface and device control.

--
Greg Hill
greg-hill@bigfoot.com