Re: Re(2): Re(2): TI-H: heh

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re(2): Re(2): TI-H: heh

>From: Grant Stockly <gussie@alaska.net>
>I'm not sure.  Might be.  IBM is getting closer and closer to using
copper
>traces that are just wide enough for one electron to pass...

Must be extreamly low voltage.  One of the things that researchers
found about using very small trace widths was that the electrons
tended to knock atoms of the trace out of the substrate, which,
on very small traces, made a significate difference in the
charactarists of the trace.

Its interesting how intels traces get smaller but the chips keep
getting bigger :)

I'd like to see some new more powerful chips come out that are
faster and physicaly smaller (probably a good RISC application).
Extream low power would be great, instead of trying to get more
power out of battery technology they ought to be trying to get
more out of the power they've already got.

I wonder if our processors would be as fast and power hungry as
they currently are if they didn't have to push around bloated
OS's like windows?  Makes me think our computer technology is
about like automotive technology about 25-30 years ago, huge,
powerful and power hungry.

DK