Re: TI-H: Why I'm leaving this list.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Why I'm leaving this list.

>A few things that should be addressed.

What kind of letter only has a 2 bit bus?  :)

>One: Grant.
>    During the flame war that recently died, you had the gall to laugh
>at someone who had posted evidence that supported the strong points of
>x86 systems.  You also claimed that he was wrong on every point that he
>made.

He was wrong on every point of mac machines.  Just like that guy said its
impossible to find a replacement video card for a Mac II and I gave him
atleast 20 that he could buy.  :)

>lazy to compile our apps, and Linux-ix86 binaries are easier to track
>down on most FTP sites than any other platform?  I know it saves me a
>lot of time on my current system.  And as Rich made evident, not
>everyone has the money for a top-of-the-line machine regardless of
>platform.

Tons of people agree with me.  If a devolper doesn't release the source to
an app, its obviously code not to be proud of.  :)  Any linux binary that I
see fit to run under MK Linux I run.

>Finally, I saw too many ideas get killed in the flame war, because
>everyone was too busy trying to make more noise for their side.  To
>those of you who explicity run Win95/98/NT/MacOS/DOS with no deviation
>from those 5, I'll make my final hurrah.  YOU'RE ALL WRONG.  None of
>those OS's provide a decent amount of stability, speed, or power
>compared to a good Linux distribution.

Best PC OS for Install: RedHat 5 (Redhat 4.02 is more stable)
Best PC OS for networks: NetBSD
Best PC OS for high end junk: Solaris

Best MAC OS for Install: MK Linux, NetBSD (all are the same)
Best MAC OS for high end junk: MK68
Best MAC OS for networks: NetBSD (jokes call it MacBSD.)

There.  :)

>Advice:
>Mel, Grant, no one-line emails.  and if you get any ideas, a line is 80
>characters, with very little whitespace.

Btw, Mel isn't here for 3 weeks.  Lets talk about USB.  :)  This is our
time where he can't tell us is useless...  :)

>Mel, act your age.
>Grant, act Mel's age.  Or at least yours.  You're a 14- year old who
>comes across as a 10 year old with a lot of knowledge.

I act pretty well for most the people my age...  :)  Travis wasn't in
Ti-hardware for 4 days before he was flammed off...  :)