Re: TI-H: USB Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: USB Link

>Why don't someone add that pin or whatever and throw a high quality case on an
>EIDE drive? cause People don't use EIDE for high end super fast stuff. They
>use high end SCSI for that!

It would be very easy to convert EIDE to external usage, the only
problem is that EIDE cables aren't really supposed to be longer than
15 to 20 inches (otherwise you'll get signalling problems), and EIDE
controller connections are also never mounted externally.  Put the
controller on the outside of the case and get a high quality bounded
cable (as opposed to a standard EIDE ribbon cable) and you can put it
external very easily.

>The Pentium based machines are good for price and are widely accepted. Intel
>keeps pushing the speed, and that's a good thing. the G3 seems to me to have
>plenty of power, and the PII plenty of speed. The G3 is still faster though,
>even thought he PII is closer now. I don't care if they have their game of tug
>of war. I also don't care whether that put SCSI or EIDE or USB or paralel, or
>ADB. As long as it's a good computer that does the job, I'll take it!
>
>I still prefer Macs though. They may not have the most modern OS, but the
>Interface is definitely a plus, considering MacroCo$t, I mean, Micro$oft is
>constantly aiming for a more mac like interface (look at win 3.1 to win 95!)
>Bill Gates is a self proclaimed Mac lover, and tha's why he copies their
>interface the best he can, cause it's a good one! I used to hate windows, but
>it's getting better and better. It's all good. they each have their ups and
>downs, same as the diferent interfaces have different advantages (cost,
>performance, ease of use, complexity).

Well I don't want this to turn into a Mac vs. Pc war again, but for me
I don't think it's the OS as much as the installed software base.
Sure, MacOS has its flaws and I don't really like using it, but the
REAL reason why I don't like it is because the amount of good software
available for it is next to nothing compared to the PC.  Sure there's
a lot of good software for the mac... but it really pales in
comparison to the PC.  One trip to best buy's software ailes will tell
you this.  "But I don't care about the software available for the PC,
it all sucks anyways; I have all the software I'll ever need for my
Mac!!!" <- then good for you :).

-Mel