TI-H: FAST TI-85 (40x)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: FAST TI-85 (40x)

Who wants to try to fabricate a new TI-85 with more memory?  We can use
emulator software for the calc functions, code the emulator for PPC403GC
(very cheep fast processor) and use an AVR1200 to convert binary output to
NTSC video.  Then use an AVR 4414 to build a matrix keypad.  Build that and
you'd have about 40x the speed of a regular TI-85.  We could go a step
futher and add a setup options menu that selected how many clock cycles the
PPC pauses between 85 clock cycles, we could make an option to set the
color of the 85 screen, and things like that.  We could forget the 4414
keypad matrix and use an AT keyboard with the 1200 that also does video.

This whole setup wouldn't be too hard either.  It would just require 168 or
so solder connections for the main chip.

Grant