TI-H: Internal memory expansion III

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Internal memory expansion III

Sorry, i forgot to answer a question concerning the power consumption
after modifying the calc, so i wrote yet another message. The answer is
no, it doesn't significantly draw more current. Of course it does draw
more current then without a extra RAM, but normally one of the two RAM's
has it's Chip Select line kept high, which causes it to get into standby
mode. In this mode normally a RAM draws very little current.
Furthermore there were two messages i didn't get through my mail
(probably will be sent tonight) so i will answer them now. First someone
asked if it works on the 83. Same here, i don't know this calc so you
should look at my previous message concerning the 86. Secondly i was
asked to write down some chip ID's so here they are: 62256 from samsung,
the 68257 from samsung and the 71256 from integrated device technology.
These were taken from a farnell catalogus. There were more, but these
were the cheapest. Anyway you don't really need to know the chip ID
because if you ask any electronic shop for a 32K*8 smd Static RAM they
will most likely give you the correct one. Lastly just watch out for my
doc which will be made very soon.
See ya,

Neil