TI-H: Internal memory expansion II

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Internal memory expansion II

Thanks for the replies. I will write a doc explaining the procedure so
everyone who wants to can make such a expansion. About the 86, two
people asked me if this was possible on a ti86 calc. I don't have one so
i can not check this, but you can check it for your self. First of all
how much memory has the 86? If it has 32K it is most likely possible (If
your calc says that 28K or so mem is available it is most likely 32K,
but some memory is used for other things like the screen.) Secondly you
should open your calc and look for a ic with 28 pins divided in two rows
each on one side of the chip (In the 85 there are two.) You should first
look for a ic with TI on it. That ic is most likely the ROM of the calc.
The second ic should have a number, a '-' and then two-digit number
which identifies the speed of the RAM (like 10 = 10 nanoseconds access.)
If there are more 28 pins ic's in the 86, write down all information and
let me know. I can't say when the doc is ready because work starts soon,
but it'll probably not take long, so keep your eyes on the mailing list.
Something different, is there a way to get the source code of the atmel
processor for the e2 or the code for the pic for the remote control?
(the standard version.) I can program them myself and i have some lying
around so i don't really want to order one.
That's all!

Neil