Re: TI-H: TI-85 disk drive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-85 disk drive

I went into working on a TI-85 (possibly 92) tape drive knowing that it
would be a bit silly but I have a few reasons:
	a)  Everyone has tapes and a tape deck
	b)  I happened to have tapes and a deck laying around
	c)  I'm too lazy to order and research different eeproms and such
	d)  I thought at the time it would be easy (as I've been working
					on it, it has'nt beenn easy but
					not to terribly hard)
	e)  I've become tired of searching for verndors of SIMPLE to use
	    and interface memory chip technologys.
Whell thats a rather long winded little rant on why I'm doing this.
Basicaly since TI asm files are'nt too terribly big speed will not be as
important (even though I admit it will be pretty slow).  As of know I'm
still wrestling with the VAT, trying to overcome adverse tape
conditions, and working on the best bits per second / accurace ratio (as
of now anyting I can get).  My finaly reson is that I can make this out of
stuff I already have so I incur no expense.  Whell thanks for all you
intrest in my little project.  I will probably post the details on my web
page in a little under a week (i hope).

Jim (jofc@pacifier.com)