Re: TI-H: Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Link

I've built and sold over 250 parallel and I have found that the longer the
cord on the parallel link is, the more errors I tend to receive.  Also, I
have had problems with linking when my batteries are either brand new or
almost dead.  To fix that, I just put in somewhat used batteries or mixed
old ones with new ones.  As for the length of the cord, just shorten it.  I
try to keep mine about 2 feet long then when you plug the calc to calc link
in, that adds another two feet to the length, which should be plenty to
reach your calc from the back of your computer.  If you're not using a
socket on the end of your parallel link and just have a plug on it, I would
keep the length of the over all cord around 4 feet.

On the note of turboed calcs, I turboed my 85 and haven't had any problems
with linking via a parallel link.  I also have a non-turboed 86 and it
works just as well.

But yeah, in the end, it is usually the batteries that cause me the link
errors.

Sincerely,
Scott Pierce

"The Best Place On The Net To Buy A Parallel Link"
http://www.cyberhighway.net/~spierce/ti/index.html