Re: TI-H: TI-86 (was "Basic $5 link question")

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Justin Lynch wrote:

> I disagree with this in many ways. First the ti92 is not worth 70$mor
> secound in the scool i goto ti92 are forbidden in the classroom because
> they resemble palmtops, third you cant use the on the SATs or any
> standerdised testing because of the type of key bord the have.

Well, the 86 and 92 each have their merits.  The 92 does a lot of stuff
that the 86 doesn't, but the 86 is a little faster and easier with some
things.  Funny, while my high school calculus teacher prohibits the use
of the 92 on certain tests (not all the time though), my father teaches
at a university that REQUIRES a 92 for math classes, even beginning ones
like intermediate algebra.

--
Jonathan Anderson
sarlok@geocities.com

"I can't be wrong - my modem is error correcting."