Re: TI-H: List Conversion/Comms <-> Casio Calcs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Nicholas Piper wrote:

> I'd like to be able to swap lists with Casio calculators, I would guess
> this would need an asm program, and a lot of people here seem to
> be able to write asm to read/write to the link port... I have a 83,
> and the casio is a 9750... It uses TTL level signals, I assume
> the Ti could link to this directly ?

That depends much on the protocol the Casio uses. If the Casio has a link
port similar to the TI's it would probably be possible, provided that the
protocol the Casio uses is not time-critical. But even if it's possible, I
don't think swapping lists between a TI and a Casio is feasible. The
programmer would need to know the protocol the Casio uses, and the way
lists are stored on a Casio and a TI. The asm program would convert the
format and send the data with the Casio link protocol, whatever that is. If
you're really interested, you probably have to do it yourself unless you
can really convince someone that such a program is really needed.

> I've just had someone mail me (still in the mail, too) some IR
> transceiver modules, so I'm gonna build a nice IR "cable" for my
> calc :-) only 3 metres, so I might try adding to it more powerful
> IREDS's...

I doubt that it'll work, but good luck...

-Ozone

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone ***

Follow-Ups: References: