Re: TI-H: List Conversion/Comms <-> Casio Calcs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On 15-Oct-97, Osma Suominen wrote:
>Nicholas Piper wrote:

>> I'd like to be able to swap lists with Casio calculators, I would guess
>> this would need an asm program, and a lot of people here seem to
>> be able to write asm to read/write to the link port... I have a 83,
>> and the casio is a 9750... It uses TTL level signals, I assume
>> the Ti could link to this directly ?

>That depends much on the protocol the Casio uses. If the Casio has a link
>port similar to the TI's it would probably be possible, provided that the
>protocol the Casio uses is not time-critical. But even if it's possible, I

I think its similar to the Ti protocol, only different, IYSWIM ;-)

>don't think swapping lists between a TI and a Casio is feasible. The
>programmer would need to know the protocol the Casio uses, and the way
>lists are stored on a Casio and a TI. The asm program would convert the

The .cas format is simple, similar again in design to the Ti format.. just
uses different headers and stuff :-)

>format and send the data with the Casio link protocol, whatever that is. If
>you're really interested, you probably have to do it yourself unless you
>can really convince someone that such a program is really needed.

Hum, anyone feel like teaching me asm then ? :-) I only need to know
about waiting on a chr from the port, and sending a chr.. oh, and
accessing Ti List memories.. oh, and asm in general ;-))

>> I've just had someone mail me (still in the mail, too) some IR
>> transceiver modules, so I'm gonna build a nice IR "cable" for my
>> calc :-) only 3 metres, so I might try adding to it more powerful
>> IREDS's...

>I doubt that it'll work, but good luck...

The whole idea, or just the adding extra power IREDS ?

Cya,

--

Nich.
Piper Communications - http://pcomm.home.ml.org/

[2048 Bits] 50E4FC39 Nicholas C. Piper <pcomm@inorbit.com> [High Security Key]
      Key fingerprint = 41 3C 25 76 BF 07 CB 43  97 65 26 67 81 78 C9 A9

[768 Bits]  66041181 Nicholas C. Piper <pcomm@inorbit.com>
      Key fingerprint = 4A 15 8F E5 61 58 39 BE  5D 02 FD 44 A9 13 5D C0

Follow-Ups: References: