RE: TI-H: Okay I maybe overreacted

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: Okay I maybe overreacted

Electronic Design magazine published the program and schematics
for a 8051 IR communication driver for the (SIR) IR protocol.
The problem with this is that you would then have a external box
to connect.

The RF modules for linking are available off the shelve but they
cost about $40-60 bucks a pop. So what you folks are trying to
is technically fairly easier, you are fighting the
miniaturization and the pocket book. I just read in one of my
magazines that a company now provides a 3v single chip IR Tx/RX
with decoder. My bet is this could be had for $5-$10 and a
serial chip for another $3. Then it turns into a programming
solution.

http://www.clinet.fi/