TI-H: EuP Spinterface Cart Delayed pending current announcements

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: EuP Spinterface Cart Delayed pending current announcements

I will be recalling my announcement of the SPinTerface cartridge version
of the EuP. If these things are true, then I can improve the design. I
don't intend to make it any larger though, so those interested in
something SMALL, I will build it. Also my MMOD idea will be in 512K and
1Meg versions. They are interchangable, so using them won't be dificult.
I may look into this multi chip thing, but 512K or 1 Meg expandible is
also excelent. My goal is a small cart that works well with ANY calc, so
I will wait for the EuPII for people with TI-8x calcs. I will however
sell the current version for people who only intend to use it on a
TI-92, want it small, and want expandible memory.

And as for the switch, the connector uses a unique design taken from my
SPinTerface port that activates power after the thing is connected and
cuts it before any other wire is disconected. A tiny reset button will
be present just in case there is some noise that causes problems. I only
need the updated schematic and the drivers to sell the 8x versions, so I
wish you luck in your work!

>The EuP 8x drivers are incompatible with the Eup that everyone sells.
Wait
>and I might release the EuP II with a headphone port and amplifier.  Up
>4 MEGS can be used with the speaker version.  5 without.  Not ready
yet.  I
>am making the drivers for the 8x calcs and they will come out when I
get my
>Ti85 in a few days.
>
>Grant
>
>>I am new to the list, but I have been following it on TICalc.org.  I
am
>>very excited about the EuP, because it promises more memory.
>>
>>I am confused, however, about the whole thing.  As I understand it,
the
>>driver hasn't come out for the 8x yet, that being the 82, 83, 85, and
86.
>>Is this true?  Also, is it like the ESF in the sense that you must
copy
>>the software from the EuP before using it?  One more thing, how do you
>>build it?  I've seen the page (http://www.flash.net/~bryanr/extend/)
but
> [...]
made
>>one homemade calc<-->calc cable and two parallel cables in the past
three
>>days.)  And besides, if all the hype is true, this could be seriously
>>cool.
>>
>>One final question, 85 or 86?  I know of all the projects for the 85
that
>>are out (light flasher, ESF, EuP, etc) that say that their drivers
will
>>only be for the 85, and since the EuP gives it more memory, that is
not a
>>problem.  Also, my school checks out 85's, so thats what everyone's
>>carrying around.  Any input?
>>
>><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
>><HTML>
>><HEAD>
>>
>><META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
>><META content='"MSHTML 4.71.1712.3"' name=GENERATOR>
>></HEAD>
>><BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
>><DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>I am new to the list, but I have been
>>following
>>it on TICalc.org.&nbsp; I am very excited about the EuP, because it
promises
>>more memory.</FONT></DIV>
>><DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
>><DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>I am confused, however, about the
whole
>>thing.&nbsp; As I understand it, the driver hasn't come out for the 8x
>>yet, that
>>being the 82, 83, 85, and 86.&nbsp; Is this true?&nbsp; Also, is it
like
>>the ESF
>>in the sense that you must copy the software from the EuP before using
>>it?&nbsp;
>>One more thing, how do you build it?&nbsp; I've seen the page (<A
>>href="http://www.flash.net/~bryanr/extend/)">http://www.flash.net/~bryanr/e
>>xtend/)</A>
>>but I'm new to the field of electronics, and I want to get better
(I've
>>made one
>>homemade calc&lt;--&gt;calc cable and two parallel cables in the past
three
>>days.)&nbsp; And besides, if all the hype is true, this could be
seriously
>>cool.</FONT></DIV>
>><DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
>><DIV><FONT size=2>One final question, 85 or 86?&nbsp; I know of all
the
>>projects
>>for the 85 that are out (light flasher, ESF, EuP, etc) that say that
their
>>drivers will only be for the 85, and since the EuP gives it more
memory,
>>that is
>>not a problem.&nbsp; Also, my school checks out 85's, so thats what
everyone's
>>carrying around.&nbsp; Any input?</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

Richard Piotter

E-Mail:
richfiles1@hotmail.com
richfiles@usa.net