TI-H: Copyright info

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Copyright info

>Bryan owns the copyright to the schematic.  He said people could change
it,
>but he still owns the copyright to it.
>
>If you were to change the monitor card in your computer (or resistors
on
>the EuP) could you copyright the computer?
>
>>Exium copyright © 1997 John Frasier

No, but you can LEGALY Modify a design and slap your own brand name on
it.

If you couldn't then all PCs would have IBM slapped accross the from
under the manfacturer's name, but Compac, back in 85 (I'm Not sure),
modified the design to the computer and added their own features and got
away with creating the first PC CLONE. It wan't an IBM PC. It was a
Compaq PC (even if it wasn't compact =).

John went by the same theory. He modified the design a little slapped
his brand name on it because HE HAS THAT RIGHT LEGALY since he
manufactured it. He PAYS his royalty fees with every PIC he buys. Lets
not condemn a man for misinterperatation or misunderstanding. He was
given permission to build the things by brian, and he didn't respond
till YOU people took it on as a battle. Lets not fill the list with our
boycotts of Happyware or anything! I build EuP clones as well. I have
the legal right to slap my brand name on it (Betatron), but I just left
it at adding SPinTerface, only to identify it. GOD! It isn't safe to
build anything someone else designed anymore! Next you'll say we have to
purchase it only from the original designer!!! This is a hobby and some
people take it up 1: to build these things for those who can't do it
themselves, and 2: make a few extra dollars in the process, because it
is completely LEGAL.

When John was asked, he said right out that it was based on the EuP made
by brian. He didn't walk aroung the question. He answered it when asked.
He updated his page so he would be 100% legal, but you still act like he
has sinned against the universe! How many of you turbo your calcs and
say "LOOK WHAT I DID!!! IT RUNS 3x AS FAST!!!" Ahh, but you forget to
mention Boris Lutz who first solved the mystery behind the turbo.

Judge YOURSELVES before you lay judgement on others. I have done the
same. When I first introduced my SPinTerface Port and the SF Expander
(yes the SF orriginaly came BEFORE expander), I had a comparison of it
and Mel's original design! SOme saw it as contrasting two separate
products with totaly different hardware. I had links and everything, yet
this almost happened to me. He changed his page, so let it be left
alone! We don't have the bandwidth to send a million messages on how bad
it was for John and Happyware to leave out those oh so important
details. I say, Put up one big message and pray it is ammong the last.

I realize that these big, dramatic messages are annoying and sometimes
offensive, but I have sent them before and they have stopped one all out
flame war and prevented another. Lets stop it here.

Thanks!

Richard Piotter

E-Mail:
richfiles1@hotmail.com