TI-H: Multimaster I2C routines

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Multimaster I2C routines

As I mentioned a while ago, I started programming multimaster I2C
routines for the TI-85. These would allow many calculators to be
connected into a network. I've got them working, but they're not
anywhere near release yet. I think I'll make two versions of the
routines, one that uses interrupts and is slower but easier to use in
programs, and one that doesn't, is faster and can be used in games and
such that require high speeds.

The next step would be to develop some kind of a layer on top of the
hardware I2C protocol. It allows data to be sent from one calc to
another in the network, but I think some kind of a protocol would be
nice to have on top of it. It could provide service identification in
the style of TCP ports and error correction to make the transfers
reliable. But doing it requires some ideas, especially ideas on what the
network could be used for. I can imagine chatting and games, but is
there anything else we'd like to do with a TI network? (It could be
wire, infrared, radio or anything...just think about the possible uses
for such a network.)

-Ozone

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone