Re: TI-H: Modems, Chips, and TIs...OH MY!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mel Tsai wrote:

> Okay, I understand what you mean.  But how do you get a schmitt
> trigger to reference to these voltage levels?  The problem is that
> you'll have to create a precise reference so that it will trigger at
> (for example) 1V and 3V.
>
> Another (huge) problem is that there's absolutely no way to guarantee
> that the link will go above and below those levels within a single IN
> 7,A and OUT 7, A instruction cycle, and the timing on this will be
> very difficult, probably impossible.  There's no easy way to cheat
> capacitances!  But if you can figure out exactly how to organize this
> then it may speed transfers up dramatically (but it will complicate
> the expander design due to the extra schmitt trigger chip).

Well, I'm not going to do it, that's quite certain. I just posted my
idea when I had one. I don't think I could get it to work, my experience
is not that good.

-Ozone

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone