RE: TI-H: RE: A86: TI-Network

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: RE: A86: TI-Network

well, ethernet is a HUGE protocol to allow on the TI platform without an offboard processing unit that absolutely kills the z80.  However, I think that my spec just might be close enough in terms of packet design that I can pull it off.  The only protocol that I ever really studied very closely was ethernet, which is what made me design this packet based protocol.  but 32-bit addressing is overkill.  what might work better is 16-bits on a class C address (IP talk now... oops), so that you'd have it on a server for the system.  ti-serv.rpi.edu (?)
I'd like to have it capable of doing that as well, since I'm applying to RPI for fall 98 admission.
Christopher Kalos
raptorone@stuytech.com
Executive Director/Administrator
Virtual Technologies Developer's Group