TI-H: Re: TI-H Flames?!? Do we need it?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re: TI-H Flames?!? Do we need it?

>Ryan Pogge wrote:
>
>> everyone stop flameing.....
>
>Interesting spelling.
>
>> this isnt a contest to see who is smarter.
>
>Really? Noone ever mentioned that to me. I'm always the last to know!
>
>> its just a mailing list for ideas for hardware, so you dont need to
start
>> sending
>> "your stupid you dont know what your talking about" e-mails.
>
>Well, if some of us didn't do that there would be a lot more idiots
>crying for somebody to design their audio amp or build them a TI
>joystick or explain why their 7805 isn't working when powered by one
>freaking AA.
>
>> I rather enjoy reading about peoples ideas for stuff. but it is not
fun to
>> read all this crap
>
>Exactly. That's why I want to cut down on the crap and get people
>actually thinking instead of just spitting out their raw ideas.
>If you think about something first yourself you can save the brains
>of the list (of which I am not) a lot of time and -GASP- you might
>actually become more intelligent. In any case, you can always solve
>the last problem by watching more TV.
>
>Bryan Rittmeyer
>bryanr@flash.net

SHIT!!!

WHAT IS THE USE OF FLAMING!?!?!

I understand that the voltage regulator thing was a major problem! I
posted that I was wrong and that You were right about it. I told people
that the National part was best for the task, as you mentioned, yet days
after, you still act like I'm the F*ck*ng Idiot that says to use crap
parts. I made a mistake, I tried to fix it. Is that a sin!!!

Your sarcasm doesn't help either. Give a reason it won't work. Don't
knock on a person just cause you disagree. You, and many others out
there are very inteligent people: So get those brain working to good
use!!! Instead if telling people who mix up a few words or misinterperet
something cause they are up till 4:00 AM trying to answer peoples
questions (cause they have to filter through flames) to read Radio
Shack's electronics for beginners book, why don't you go and read up on
Chat/E-mail courtesy!!!

I don't like dising people, but there is a point when ENOUGH IS
ENOUGH!!!

I read something in one of these messages about how criticism filters
out the errors in ideas. Well, knocking the whole idea just makes it go
no where. Maybe someone likes the joystick on their PC, and is better
with it, so they want one for their TI! Maybe someone wants a Game Boy
game on the TI 85 that they are willing to put a year's work and an
expander to port it, where they wouldn't have had even an idea of where
to start without examining code from a ROM Dump. It is not a sin to have
an idea. If you know that there is absolutely no way for it to work,
then OK. but if there is a way, no matter how dificult, don't say it is
impossible. Just say it is so difficult that it probably won't be done,
but it is possible. Also, some people haven't beed here for 8 months or
however long it was. We don't have time to dig up old messages from an
archive and go through them one by one. Just tell a person in private
e-mail that the idea was already considered and proven impossible or
improbable.

Lastly, I think that if anyone recieves a personaly degrading insult,
and you feel like responding, DON'T RESPOND ON THE F*CK*NG LIST!!! The
list is for development and enhancement of the TI calculators. No
question, no idea, no solution is too small for it. Even if ONE single
individual person can use a design, even if it's stupid, then the list
has fufilled it's purpose as a service to help people make their TIs
better. Better for me is not what you think is better. It's what I think
is better. Better for you is what you think is better, not what I think
is better. If people have even the littlest ideas, don't flame them,
explain them. It will be far more helpful.

This message goes out to anyone who has ever sent, recieved, or even
considdered a flame...

I can't stop you from wasting bandwidth flaming the hell out of each
other, but PLEASE, think before you flame. If you think it is necessary,
don't waste everybodys time. take it to personal e-mail.

Here's an idea. If you want to send a flame, put "FLAME" into the
subject line. That way, us at hotmail or wherever else there are
filters, we can automaticly send messages with the word flame in the
subject to the TRASH CAN!!!

STOP FLAMING ON THE LIST. PLEASE!!!

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com