TI-H: Re: SPinTerface sticks out

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re: SPinTerface sticks out

>From: xzeldax@juno.com
>To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: TI-H: SPinTerface
>Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 21:39:09 EDT
>
>at your homepage i saw that the SPinTerface Port sticks out of the
case.
>i think it is a female serial port right?
>then why didn't you stick it in all the way
>its like a big bump in the side of your calc
>would there be a big bump if i installed it on my ti92?
>
>thanks

It only sticks out on mine because it makes a space for the wires. If
you push it all the way in, you might be forced to run the power and
activation wires all the way around the battery case (which probably
isn't that bad of an idea! It's the link wires you need to worry about.
If they are too long, the Expander SF and some other carts won't run due
to capacitance in the link wires.

You could still put it flat though and just run the link wires short.

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A
HREF="http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html">The