Re: TI-H: Joystick

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Joystick

>From: Christopher Kalos <raptorone@geocities.com>
>To: "'ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org'" <ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org>
>Subject: TI-H: Joystick
>Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 01:09:16 -0400
>
>While they're hard to find, there's already a perfect candidate for the
TI-joystick.  It's calles the ICONtroller, and it's designed as a
replacement for the mouse on portable machines.  It's a pretty old
product, but since it plugs into the serial port, people with the
PIClink or the TI-GraphLink could probably use it almost immediately.
I'm surprised that no one brought this up before.
>The thing is about half the size of the mouse, and it has a control
stick with a set of buttons on it, one of them being right on top of the
stick.  Maybe we should look into it.  I'm trying to find a PC
"graveyard" that still has them.
>Christopher Kalos
>raptorone@juno.com
>raptorone@geocities.com
>raptor_one@hotmail.com
>kalosc@mordor.stuy.edu
>Executive Director/Administrator
>Virtual Technologies Developer's Group

Even if you find only a few, you could probably lookinside and make
aSchematic and post it. Then you wouldn't have to search. Just build the
electronics and put it into a small, new joystick.

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A
HREF="http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html">The