Re: TI-H: An idea for separate game carts.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 06:38 PM 8/16/97 PDT, you wrote:
>The gameboy uses the exact chip as the TI-8x, a Z80 4Mhz. I came across
>this site "http://www.freeflight.com/fms/" that has a gameboy emulator
>and other Z80 emulators, all including scource. I whould hope that
>making a cart for the SPI (SPinTerface) and a shell prog to read the rom
>chip would rule. Scince the GB (gameboy) carts are at least 512k each
>these SPI carts would be necesary.

Incorrect, the Gameboy uses a Z80 but not the "exact chip" the TI-8x's do.
It uses a MODIFIED Z-80; the differences are small, but they do exist.  A
gameboy would be impossible to emulate as you would need a chip containing
the ROM, then another chip with the game, plus something that would
interface with the rom to make it work on the calculator.

Then, of course, there is the problem of (1) no sound [if you wanted to
emulate the GameBoy speaker, well, it just isn't going to happen] and (2)
graphics resolution of the TI-8x's are uncomparable to that of the Gameboy.
 Emulation of the screen itself would be right out.

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@geocities.com>
http://members.tripod.com/~eviljim/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...