Re: TI-H: ... free samples ...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ... free samples ...

First, this entire thing probably wasn't appropriate for the list, if
you're going to jump on people for writing to the entire list.  Also, to
abuse one corporate policy yet say it is wrong to abuse a seprate - yet
practically equal - policy of another company is stupid and hypocrytical.

At 09:55 PM 8/16/97 -0400, you wrote:
>if you don't like rants... delete this message now.
>
>I'd imagine everyone loves free samples.  But I feel free samples are
>being abused.  Free samples aren't for you to avoid having to spend
>money to get products, unless you are in R&D... they are not for end
>users/consumers.
>
>Companies offer free samples of IC's as a service to professionals and
>educators in their industry for promotion, prototyping and evaluation.
>Not so little Jimmy can make his calculator snazzier following somone
>elses plans.
>
>My concern over this is completely self serving, I use free samples in
>prototyping, and I don't want to see free samples go away.  They do help
>keep prototyping costs down (I still buy many IC's for my prototypes)
>and allow me to use chips not yet in full production.
>
>Getting virtual boy bags for free... go for it, I hate nintentdo  =)
>
>On a seperate note... could everyone take a moment before they reply to
>some messages and decide if it is really important enough for a list
>reply, or personal.
>
>thanks,
>
>Jacob
>jacob@bright.net

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@geocities.com>
http://members.tripod.com/~eviljim/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...

Follow-Ups: References: