Re: TI-H: Re: SPinTerface

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: SPinTerface

>To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: Re: TI-H: Re: SPinTerface
>From: justin.bosch%tfexchng@min.net (JUSTIN BOSCH)
>Date: Mon, 11 Aug 97 16:28:00 -0500
>
>-> I think I may have seen the design once or twice, but I never realy
>-> used it. If you can send me the parts, postage etc, I would be happy
>-> to build the stuff for you. Make sure to send everything, plus
enough
>-> money to cover expenses. $10-$15 would probably cover shipping and
>-> parts for the SPinTerface (I think). I'll have to see. It may be
less
>-> or it may be more. Let me know what you need built and what you'll
be
>-> sending. I would use certified mail to send anything because you
>-> definitely don't want stuff lost. The SPinTerface is difficult to
>-> install without the calc present, so if you can send it, it would be
>-> best. Otherwise, if you are reluctant to put it through our mail
>-> system, let me know how or when you want to send it and what you'll
>-> be sending. I'll check prices for parts and give you a quick
estimate
>-> and my address.
>->
>-> If you (or anyone else) would like one built, but don't want to risk
>-> ruining the calc, then contact me.
>
>I would like you to install a SPinterface but only with a guarantee
that
>my calc won't get screwed.  When you say send everything, does that
>include the parts, too?

If you have the parts for the stuff then send them, but if you don't,
then don't worry about it. I'll try to get them myself. I can get all
the SPinTerface parts, so if you don't have everything you need, then
just send what you do have. As for the IC2 thing, I don't have the
schematic, so you'll need to print out or get me an image of it and I
can't guarantee I'll find the parts for it, so if you have any parts for
it, please send them. If you don't have one or more of the parts for it,
then let me know. I may be able to find it if I know what it is.

As for your calc, I have been soldering stuff (including surface mount)
since I was 10 (8 years on the 14th!). I built my TI-82 from parts from
3 broken ones and the main bouard I used had a deep scratch cutting
through several traces. I repaired a Music synthesizer with a main board
snaped clean in two! It still runs today! I have repaired 10 or more TIs
and much more. I have upgraded my own TI-85 obviously and I hope that is
enough to make you feel that your calc will be safe. The most dangerous
thing here is the postal service. Just make sure you certify your
delivery. It'll cost more, but the calc will be insured! I'm going to
send it back that way, so you shouldn't have to worry about the postal
service either!!!

I'll get you my address either tomorrow or the day after. Get me a list
of what you'll be sending as soon as you can. I'm outa here latest by
8PM, so if you want the address tomorow, you'll have to hurry!

I'm on a public terminal with a time limit on each session and over 40
messages to review, so I'll be here probably till 8.

I realy hope I can help you out here!

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A