Re: TI-H: Power supply fot TI

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Power supply fot TI

Dave Bednar wrote:

> Since the batteries lose voltage as they wear down, and bigger
> batteries take longer to wear down, and the calculators seam to work
> slower at lower voltages, the bigger batteries you could connect to
> it (i.e., D, or maybe a lantern battery :)  would make it run better
> longer.

As a sort of sick "More-Power" joke, I took a Radio Shack 4 D cell
holder, took the wires from the holder and wrapped them around the
correct battery terminals on my TI-82, then put the TI cover back on
(without the 4 AAAs of course) with the wires pinched in place, and
then used some double sided hobby servo tape to attach the 4 D cell
holder to the back of the calc. It looked pretty cool, and my
science teacher got a little bit of a laugh out of it... Now if
only it helped me on exams... ;-)

Yep, an AC adapter would be very nice, especially for the TI-92
which guzzles batteries.

Bryan Rittmeyer
bryanr@flash.net

Follow-Ups: References: