Re: TI-H: Re: Backlighting

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: Backlighting

On Wed, 23 Oct 1996, Zenon Lynx wrote:

> Since standard LEDs won't fit in there (I've tried!) do you think surface
> mount LEDs would be a good idea?  Also, I was wondering if using the LEDs
> to light the panel from the side (ie. fibre optics theory) would make it
> light up?

I've sidelighted a "desk" calculator before, and it works ok. Just make
sure you got a powerful enough LED, and *glue* the LED to the panel. I
used clear hot-melt to attach the LED, and went down the whole side of
the LCD to get the best conduction of light. worked ok, a bit brighter on
one side tho :)

-gee