Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, John M Bishop wrote:

> Another question, this one about the Renewal batteries that come with the
> TI: (This is TI-Hardware, isn't it? ;-)  Can I pop these into a normal
> 8-hour or 3-hour NICad charger without buying their crappy power station?
>
> Thanks

Don't even try it :) i've been through it... having a Pure Energy charger
and a nicad charger - and other people in the house who get the two mixed
up :)

the Pure Energy charger is set up to turn off when the batteries are
charged, and it's got current-limiting hardware to charge the batteries
at a safe rate. The nicad charger, apparently not. So, alkalines charge a
little too quickly, overheat, melt the charger they're in and leak. Just
buy the pure energy recharger :)

- gee