Re: TI-H: Re: Backlighting

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: Backlighting

Isaac Salpeter wrote:
> Red is not the best colour for backlighting. For one thing, the eye is not
> as sensitive to red as it is to green (particularly to low-frequency NV
> red). Also, in my experience, LCD's are hard to read in red light.
> Certainly much harder than in green light, anyway. A green or amber LED
> would probably work better, IMHO.
>
> -Isaac

The the point is that green LCDs would be TOO bright.  The use of the
LED is to provide light IN THE DARK.  If I am using a Green Flashlight
in the dark, I do not maintain my night vision.  If we had a
high-intensity RED LED like those in LA Gear's shoes, it would be bright
enough to see without messing up our night vision.  We WANT the red
light to be insensitive so that we can still see everything else around
us.