Re: TI-H: turbo 92 (92 upgrade project)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: turbo 92 (92 upgrade project)

On Sun, 24 Nov 1996, Erik Buehler wrote:

> I have recently found a processor that seems even more likely to be "THE
> CHIP".  Much debate has raged about the actual processor in the ti-92, and
> here is the latest scoop:

> The chip I found that is a close match is listed as follows:
> Motorola XC68307 100-Lead FG configuration.  16 mHz.  Integrated Multiple
> Bus Processor.  Static Core EC000 Processor, UART, M-Bus Dual Timers, 8051
> interface, dynamic 68000 bus.  FYI the EC000 core is the MPU from the
> origional 68000.  If it is a 68000 based processor in the 92, this has to be
> the one.

Now this sounds more like it! I finally got some 020 instructions
tested on my friend's TI92 and NONE of them worked. They all gave us an
"illegal instruction" error. We also tested some instructions that are
already available on the 68010 and they didn't work either. So I
would say that the processor has to be 68000 based. The Motorola
XC68307 you mentioned could very well be the one...

------
Toni "Panadol" Kettula
reijok@kontu.bbs.fi