From: travisp <travisp@inil.com>
To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: TI-H: Honestly, thanks
Date: Thursday, November 07, 1996 9:51 PM

I'm being serious, not sarcastic.

Thank you all on the list who flamed me for my arrogant comments. I needed
someone to give me a kick in the butt. Thanks you all who pointed out to me
that I was being hypocritical and terribly judgmental. But please, read on.

When I joined the list, all anyone was talking about was an IR link.
Someone asked if it would be legal to have one. A reply said, Yes, kids
walkie talkies aren't illegal. I then thought about making an RF link out
of my old walkie talkies. When I presented this to the list, I needed
honest advice. I then got a mental idea of what I was going to (try to)
make.

One day I logged on to my mail server and downloaded over a hundred
messages pertaining to the RF link which I _thought_ I had devised. When I
started reading onward, in my eyes, people were stealing my idea. I then
started flaming all who "offended" me.

After you all returned my flame, I found out I did not solely come up with
this idea. Thank you all, honestly. And please, if I act like an ass on the
list, flame me to my personal address, which I put on the bottom of all of
my posts. (Please, all of you, put your e-mail address on the bottom. It's
a pain having to type it in when I can just click on it.)

So I apologize formally to all subscribers on the list. I do wish one thing
though: please stop bickering so much. Don't reply with two words. And
knock off the 10kb signatures. I did after succumbing to flames. And if you
don't have anything intelligent to say, don't post to the list. If you
must, write to someone personally. It's truly a pain to have to download
100 messages, which is 90% quoted text. (Thanks, but I already read that!)

I hope you all don't hold it against me.
Sincerely,
Travis Pettijohn
PS I formatted this in HTML using MS IM. If you use Netscape, scroll
downward to the good text. In IM, you see it already.
    /         Travis Pettijohn         \
   /    primary:  travisp@inil.com      \
  /   alternate:  travisp@juno.com       \
 /   http://www.inil.com/users/travisp/   \
I assume no liability for any advice I give.
 ^^- I got flamed for that! -^^ I just don't want to get sued for causing
someone's calculator to break ;^)