Re: TI-H:IR - LINK SCHEMATICS!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H:IR - LINK SCHEMATICS!!

Laurits S=F8gaard Nielsen wrote:
> =

> Here are some schematics for an "IR LINK"
> =

> The transmitter does actually not use ir, but visible light.
> =

> Calc1 could use a green led and calc2 a red led (Experimentation nessec=
eary)
> Both calcs should of course have both leds and a switch to change trans=
mit color.
> =

> You should hook up the sendwire to where you would hook up the microfon=
e at the transmitter, remember a current limiting resistor!!
> =

> The recieving wire should be hooked up at the phones wires on the recie=
ver. A ??V -> TTL Voltage converter would probably be nesseceary!!!!
> =

> You should also use a green lens and a red lens in front of the phototr=
ansistor. You should do so that you can push the lens from red to green. =
If two calcs of the same type would want to communicate, one calc would j=
ust change the color of the filter in front of the phototransistor!
> =

> NOTE: Software would have to be for ZShell!!! Only 1 wire can transmit(=
red) and 1 recieve(white)
> =

> NOTE NOTE: I havent tried this design yet due to a lack of time, but do=
 try it. I'm pretty sure it will work!!
> =

> Feel free to ask me any question:               Laurits S=F8gaard Niels=
en <CSN@dk-online.dk>
> =

> If you decide to set up a homepage with this design, PLEASE give me a l=
ittle credit for this information!

Actually, this is about the same design I thought up for link #1.
The problem is the fact that it won't work with the TI protocol (as you
stated), and isn't very useful. Look at my unofficial IR link schematics
somewhere. I hope no one actually tries to build or design any more IR
links that aren't compatible with the TI protocol, because it would be
much better to have a TI-OS -compatible link, like the one Keith
Burzinski is hopefully still designing.

Keith, are you still working on your IR link?

-Ozone

-- =

*** Osma Suominen *** <a href="mailto:ozone@clinet.fi">ozone@clinet.fi</a> *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone
***