Re: TI-H: In desperate need of help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Sun, 5 Nov 1995, becker wrote:

> > couple of other questions too.. the center chip does not communicate
> > directly to the LCD board either.. any info would be appreciated.
>     I'm so proud I figured this out....
> The chip on the far right IS the Z80, because it has 80 pins and the
> normal (non-toshiba version) Z80's 40 pins are each used twice(this was
> done for easier layout on the board because some of the pins do send and
> recieve functions). I also know this because the far right chip is the
> only one that outputs 15 of its pins to the LCD board.  The ram chip is
> in the middle and the rom is on the left.
>
> I also think I figured out how to(with a mess of modifications) disable
> the ROM through a shell, and enable the processor to be upgraded by
> something like the Z8002. <---that sucker is 16-bit!!  I will soon be
> checking compatability for the Zilogs 32-bit microprocessors.
>
> I guess I was wrong about whoever I yelled about that RF link. WERE
> LUNATICS AND WE WILL TRY TO DO TO OUR CALCULATORS WHATEVER POPS INTO OUR
> INSANE LITTLE HEADS!!! HEEEEHEEEEEEE!!
>
> By the way, does anybody know who I can call about getting my own rom
> chip made for a new processor and memory upgrade? That's pretty crazy,
> but I need some solid-state memory to my own specifications.
>
> -Chris

	I'm glad you cleared this mess up, can you send me the code to
disable the ROM, though I sure would like a good look at it.. I was
thinking of a way to steal the addx. and data lines from the calc's bus
and add it to a circuit to expand the memory with it's own manager(since
it can only address 64k), kinda like EMS, paging..
			-Alex