Re: TI-H: Q and C about long distence links

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

travisp wrote:

> First, you tell the person, "Hey, lets play Z-Pong linked with my RF link!

The whole idea of a long distence link is to play LONG DISTENCES.  That
is places where you can't communicate with as easily by voice or data.
One use is to play ZPong with someone in another classroom.  It would be
nice if the RTL (which sounds to me like a better way to go) had a light
on it that would let you know when there is a transmition comming in.

I have an idea.  Have a "standby" ZS program that would transmit a
signal and standby to recieve another signal.  Could you possibly run a
program with the LCD off? just a thought.  When the program recieves an
outgoing signal it will tell the user you are linked.  Then somehow the
link could be handled by other ZS programs.  To run normal link programs
the RTL would have to change the data type to standard link protocol,
but that probably wouldn't be too hard.

Now, here is something that deals with RTL type things that is NOT
talked about enoph.  Take a good look at the TI-85, the size and shape.
Doesn't it remind you of something???  Come on, wouldn't a GPS
receiver/transmitter be great for this?  I mean, if you can build a RTL
than you can probably build a GPS thingy, maybe even use the same RTL.
With this you could build ZS programs that could be far better than
normal GPS unit programs.  Out of all the secendary uses for the TI-85,
this has to be the first and best thing that comes to mind.

Eric B.