Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

Zenon Lynx wrote:

> Yes, I've also burned a small hole in my ribbon cable, but it didn't get to
> any of the wires, so I was lucky.  Also, the part about losing
> lines...that's only if you mishandle the LCD.  My friend's is like that
> only because he dropped the calc once too many times.  I repaired it just
> by resealing the connections between the rubber strips and the glass panel
> and it worked fine again.  Just be sure to be careful with the LCD.

**********

A while back, the center line (the one that the x axis is on) of the
screen on my old TI-82 went out.  All pixles in that row were taken
out....except if a vertical line (i.e. y axis and drawn lines) passed
through it, the pixle would be there.  It was really wierd.  I took it
back to Freddies and they replaced it.  I think it was because I dropped
it too many times (those things are slipperyer than a greeced pig, and
they fall out between your text books when you don't want people to
think your a NERD).  The strange part is, if the ribbon was broken then
ALL pixles should have gone out.  What was even stranger is that the
center line turned the shade of white (wierd green) that you get when
you turn the calc off, not just a blank pixle, so you could tell even on
a blank screen!  What's with this?

Eric B.

P.S:  Can people please stop the big headers, they take up alot of space
and nobody looks at them.  A few sentence joke is fine, but could you
please cut with the half screen sized personal logos.  Thanks :)