Re: TI-H: Microphone Port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Microphone Port

>I am just wondering how the microphone port on sound cards passes data.
>Possibly if it has duplex capabilities we could use the ti-ti link directly
>with the microphone port with software.
>
>Mike

When you talk into a microphone, there is a very thin diaphram that
vibrates at the same freq of the tones that you make with your voice.  As
this vibrates, it creates a current that is picked up as weak audio.  Sound
cards amplify this, and you've got sound.  (intresting fact: for this
reason, you can use small speakers for microphones)

                                       -C.J.-

Unsolicited commercial e-mail to the poster of this message
will be proofread at $70/hr, minimum charge $150.  Submission
of such e-mail to this address will suffice as contractual assent
to the said charging schedule.