[TIB] Re: Integral Variables...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: Integral Variables...

(blinks)

Will exact(int(x)) seriously work?

I must test this.  Tomorrow, school, startTmr().  Or
whatever that function is.

Woo for the new features.  Is there a certain operation
that I should run to use the arithmatic functions for the
ints?  Like 2+1=3, all ints?  (Someone mentioned an
intDiv() earlier...)

On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 22:03:25 -0500
  "Tavis Segura" <tavis@hotmail.com> wrote:
>You can use exact(int(x)) to force x to become a pure
>integer. Don't add it everywhere, just in key places
>where you fear floating point numbers would sink in. If
>the floats come from the rand() function, put your
>multiplier inside the rand function... i.e. instead of
>using exact(int(6*rand())), use rand(6).. smaller,
>faster, and without intervening floats.
>
>>TI-89 question.  And, if it's relevant, I have AMS 2.08
>>up and running on my
>>calculator.
>>
>>I would like to force several of my variables into being
>>integers...under
>>BASIC.  Why?  Because floating point calcs are nasty and
>>long when you're
>>working purely with integers.  Does anyone know of a way
>>to accomplish this?
>>
>>Hopefully,
>>    Eric

<TEXTAREA NAME="Signature" ROWS="4" COLS="60">

Follow-Ups: References: