[TIB] Re: Get/Send Command in Basic

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: Get/Send Command in Basic

Also getting back to the original question, i've got some more to ask.

Basically, i'm making a (BASIC) game where you control a Titan, which is a very
large robot (size of large buildings).  Each has a Hull, 2 arms, 2 legs, and 2
attachments.  The attachments are on the ends of the arms and house the
weapons.  When in battle, you select your weapon and where you want it to shoot
at the opposing Titan (Hull, arms, etc.)  Each place has a structure value,
which is the amount of damage it can take before shutting down.  If an arm is
shut down, the weapon on it is useless.  If a leg is shutdown, your agility
plummets.  Head is shut down, you die instantly, same with Hull. (Except hull
has a ton of structure points, whereas the head doesnt.  But the Hull will get
hit more often than the head)

Thats the game in a nutshell.  And i want it to be a multiplayer game.  The
single player mode is to build up your titan by gaining money to purchase
upgrades, repairs and new weapons.  Then you go beat the crap out of your buddy.

Excep i'm still not sure about how i should go about making the multiplayer.
All my variables are being stored in Lists so they are not deleted after game
play by some other program (and my friends are calculator-savy enough to be able
to edit the list to change their stats), and regular variables are used as temp.
variables during game play.

So any suggestions or advice on how to set this up?  Do i make one calculator
the Host and the other the Client?  The host gathers all the information needed
and does the calculations, then sends it back out?  I'm in some dire need of
help!

Yet another side note...any feasible ways of getting IR to work with the game?
Would that add much more complication?  I think it would be cool to be playing
against your friend who is accross the room.

Thanks!
-Zach

Follow-Ups: References: