[TIB] Re: Get/Send Command in Basic

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: Get/Send Command in Basic

Okay, this I know:

the Get or Send command works through the graphlink.
However, it's meant to work for the CBL.  The motion
detector device.  Some people have adapted the command
to reach other calcs, but I think they ended up using
ASM for the best and most efficient way of doing it.
IR?  Don't worry, if you can get it to work with a
graphlink, then IR should work as well.  As long as
both calcs have a port on them of course.  ;)

Hope this helps any.

--- Zach Tong <zachtong@go-concepts.com> wrote:

> Also getting back to the original question, i've got
> some more to ask.
>
> Basically, i'm making a (BASIC) game where you
> control a Titan, which is a very
> large robot (size of large buildings).  Each has a
> Hull, 2 arms, 2 legs, and 2
> attachments.  The attachments are on the ends of the
> arms and house the
> weapons.  When in battle, you select your weapon and
> where you want it to shoot
> at the opposing Titan (Hull, arms, etc.)  Each place
> has a structure value,
> which is the amount of damage it can take before
> shutting down.  If an arm is
> shut down, the weapon on it is useless.  If a leg is
> shutdown, your agility
> plummets.  Head is shut down, you die instantly,
> same with Hull. (Except hull
> has a ton of structure points, whereas the head
> doesnt.  But the Hull will get
> hit more often than the head)
>
> Thats the game in a nutshell.  And i want it to be a
> multiplayer game.  The
> single player mode is to build up your titan by
> gaining money to purchase
> upgrades, repairs and new weapons.  Then you go beat
> the crap out of your buddy.
>
> Excep i'm still not sure about how i should go about
> making the multiplayer.
> All my variables are being stored in Lists so they
> are not deleted after game
> play by some other program (and my friends are
> calculator-savy enough to be able
> to edit the list to change their stats), and regular
> variables are used as temp.
> variables during game play.
>
> So any suggestions or advice on how to set this up?
> Do i make one calculator
> the Host and the other the Client?  The host gathers
> all the information needed
> and does the calculations, then sends it back out?
> I'm in some dire need of
> help!
>
> Yet another side note...any feasible ways of getting
> IR to work with the game?
> Would that add much more complication?  I think it
> would be cool to be playing
> against your friend who is accross the room.
>
> Thanks!
> -Zach

=====
May Canticta ever rise, rise out of the mire that holds it and become triumphant again!  Long live Corinth!
-Pandrogas
"I am mage, a shadow in the light, a glimmer in the darkness, as eternal as the twilight.  I am the mediation between the storms."
-Pandrogas