[TIB] Re: Is there a TI-HAKMEM?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: Is there a TI-HAKMEM?

>   My original posting asked the question: "Is there a TI-HAKMEM?"
> and referred to "cool snippets" and "showcasing talent".  Obviously,
> I wasn't talking about (sorry, Adam,) "1. Most things that work on
> the TI-89 work on the 92+."  I was talking about a list of useful
> algorithms, useful snippets, clever optimizations, and so on;
> *EXACTLY ANALOGOUS TO THE "HAKMEM" DOCUMENT*.  Hence the use of the
> term "HAKMEM" to describe what I wanted.  If I had had in mind
> the sort of submissions you and Aaron Fineman are accumulating,
> I would have asked something more like "Is there an index to the
> TI-XX user's manual?"

Arthur, I'm not a hack coder. (I actually tend to doubt that
Aaron is, either... no offense.) Perhaps you are, so you should
tell me what you want in the document.

But this, like its predecessor, is a work of the community. I agree
that the 89==92 line and the 83!=93+ lines are a little trivial,
but the icon trick is not as well known.

"Undocumented features" are the key here. Or cool code.

So far, we have almost nothing. So contribute, Arthur. Instead of
standing back and yelling at us for not doing exactly what
you had imagined, submit an idea. Shape the file to your
specifications.

I'm sorry that this isn't coming out how you expected. But
no work of the community ever does.

--Adam