[TIB] Re: TI-HAKMEM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: TI-HAKMEM

That's quite a voluminous list for less than 24 hours.
I guess a lot of people pay attention to the ti-basic list.
  Plus I really like the idea of splitting "TI-HAKMEM" into
categories by calc type, although I don't really think
separating the TI-82/83/83+ is worthwhile (since so many
tricks apply to all 3 calcs).
  But while the "HAKMEM" list you guys have started is
both useful and somewhat esoteric (as it should be), it's
not really... well... I envision something more algorithmic,
let us say.  For example:

  V. TI-83
      2.  To compute the angle of a segment, given its
          endpoints (A,B) and (C,D):

               angle(C+Di-(A+Bi))

      3.  To retrieve a comma-separated list of real or
          complex values from the user (result in L1):

               Input "Values? ", Str1
               "{"+Str1 -> L1
               L1
               "" -> L1

and so on.  Read the original HAKMEM for the general idea.
The document is full of clever tricks, some of which apply
only to the PDP-10 and others of which are much more general
in application, like the circle algorithm [#149].  (By the
way, if anyone knows how to draw arbitrary ellipses on the
graph screen...)

 -Arthur