[TIB] Re: Matrix on the 92 plus

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: Matrix on the 92 plus

> [SNIP]
>
> Q3. Evaluate (A^T B)C and (A^T) BC and show that they are equal. ( I can
> work out whats inside the brackets and add them together but I am not sure
> what to do with what is outside the brackets. )
>
> [SNIP]
>
> Nick

This is just the same as (2+3)*4, you first calculate what's inside the
brackets
(in this case 5), then you replace it (so it becomes "5*4"), which you then
also
calculate.
So you'd solve "(A^T B)C" this way: first transpose A, multiply this with B,
and
then multiply that result with C.
Similary for "(A^T) BC", transpose A, and multiply that with the product of
and C.

Hope that helps,
Rob van Wijk