[TIB] Re: lists help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: lists help

The easiest way I've found to make a self expanding list was in a loop...  I
don't know if it's really what you're looking for, but...

For(X,1,100,1)
X*Y -> L1(X)
End

This stores the value of the expression in the Xth place in the list...  The
calculator (83/83+, I don't know about the rest of them, but I'd think so)
will allow someone to store to a place in a list one value greater than
already exists...  If L1 has 30 items, you can store a value directly into
space 31 without increasing the list dimensions manually...  (Granted, it
doesn't look too useful here, but in many cases for anything resembling
recursive math, I've found it works wonders...  Especially in my composite
function program, I used something based on that setup, and it's a wonderful
program in math class because of that...)

Nick